Lately I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed... now that the kitchen renovation is done, what do I focus on next? There are so many little odds and ends that need to finished...
Should I paint the inside of the hall closets so we can finally put our sheets and towels away?
Should I get a new bathroom door so I don't feel like I'm in a public bathroom stall?
Should I pick out a color for the front and back door?
....maybe I should just keep watching this Real Housewives of Beverley Hills marathon.....
So this week I decided to just keep it simple. Baby steps. All the things that need to be done don't matter. All I care about is what I decided to do today.
For example, Monday's task was moving my clothes from my large dresser into a smaller one that fits inside a large closet we have in the basement. Unfortunately all of my clothes are in the basement and Ed's are in the bedroom closet. What can I say, it's a 1956 house and there is one small closet in our master bedroom. Does anyone else have to spread their clothes all over the house due to lack of space? Anyway, a small task but something that needed to be done at some point...so why not now!?
Last night's task was finishing the curtains in the guest bedroom. I wrote a post a couple of week ago about modifying Ikea curtains. Well...I modified one set (two panels) of curtains and then stopped.
It looked like this...
One panel with tabs removed, one lace panel not hemmed...nothing else done. So last night I thought I would quickly hang up the curtain rods above the other window, hem the lace curtains and feel good having accomplished Tuesday's simple task for the night.
Haha....it didn't quite work out this way. I had completely forgotten that I hadn't taken the tabs off of the second set of curtain panels, and I realized that the lace Ikea curtains don't come with iron on hem tape. I may have thrown my head back in dramatic fashion and groaned ooooooh aaaaarre you kidding meee?!?! But I pressed on, and I'm glad I did. I hemmed four panels of lace curtains, removed tabs from two panels and hung two curtain rods. Again...not an epic accomplishment, but something I can cross off the list. (Btw...I noticed in a post last week that Sherry of YHL just cut the tabs off her curtains with scissors and hung them up. Makes me wonder why I went through the trouble of removing them...)
Anyhoo, now the room looks like this!
Much better than this!
(As it was when we first saw the house)
(and right after we had the floors refinished)
Slowly but surely things are getting done. One (baby) step at a time.
Tomorrow I'll be back to post about Teresa @ Teresa D Boyd. She was kind enough to give me the Liebster Award!! Thank you Teresa!! You're the sweetest ;)