The blog that is.
It's coughing and gasping for air but it lives.
Three months without a post. Let's not talk about it.
Instead let's talk about basement progress!
I'll make this post short and sweet unlike the last one ;)
With some help from my parents, the drywall went up in a weekend. Remember, this was to replace the terrible dropped ceiling.
For the kitchen reno, we used a drywall saw like this one to cut out holes for the recessed lighting. This time, we bought a round saw attachment for our drill (the attachment can be added to any drill - not just "our" drill).
It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to use. It needs to be kept perfectly level or it gets stuck. It's MUCH better than jagged sawed out circles though. Easier on the arm muscles too! To know where to cut the circles, we used a combination of the lipstick method and measuring. Don't know what the lipstick method is? Here ya go :)
Here's where I'm missing some pictures of the finished drywall ceiling before the next step - priming for paint! So we skip forward to this...
Clean bright ceiling! Clean bright walls!! No more ugly paneling!! Yes, the paneling is still there, but painted paneling is a completely different story. Ed taped and mudded the ceiling drywall joints and then primed the ceiling and started on the walls.
Future site of office nook!
What used to be the "office" that we never used is now the nursery. We have three bedrooms upstairs and wanted to keep a guest room instead of having an office, nursery and master. So I'm planning on turning this closet space into one of those cute office nooks. We'll see when that happens ;)
Other things have happened like brick column repair, basement bathroom demo and of course, nursery prep! I hope to be posting about those soon.
Also, this is a repeat if you follow me on Instagram but we're expecting a girl! Two months to go